Sunday, May 25, 2008

I'll take a Philly cheese with a side of JC

Philadelphia is the 6th largest city in the United States with a population of 5.9 million. Being the first industrialized city in the United States was quite a feat, and can be seen in almost every part of the city.

One thing I did notice however is a lack of JC. The east coast attitude seems to be one of get out of MY way I'M busy. Quite selfish and cold. This could be the reason that JC ain't spilling out of the pores of city murals and statues.

A lot of artwork seems to be based on a few things; the industrialization of the city, African American influence, the liberty bell, and Ben Franklin. Take for example the picture to the left. Here I am looking out my hotey window at the Ben Franklin bridge to Camden, the most dangerous city in the United States. Even more crime ridden and scary than Detroit, the armpit of Michigan.

It seems that JC pops up everywhere, but this weekend has been in hiding. I'll keep my eyes peeled as I rage the last concert here tonight, Lotus headlines then it's early to bed, early to rise, fly back to Columbus. Maybe I'll see JC on the plane ride home, maybe he'll sit next to me so I can repent.


1 comment:

Toaster of Vengeance said...

Hey man, that's not the east coast in general, that's just the north. Go to the south, people are MUCH warmer