Wednesday, April 23, 2008

JC meets JayZ

Okay so when I was doing the previous post I wanted to think up something clever for the next time. Being a fan of Hova I realized that JC and JayZ rhymed. With a certain nonchalance I figured I'd make someone laugh when they read the title, and I would photoshop some sweet pics of JC and JayZ. I first found http://www.jesusandjigga.com, however the page seems to no longer be functional. My next stop was to Henry's Rap/Hip-Hop blog which had the following tidbit of information....

It appears that people have been taking Jay-Z's self-annointment as God MC way too seriously. In what is sure to set christians off, a new book and an accompanying website seek to marry the worlds of Jesus and Jay-Z (Hova, if you will). The website, JesusandJigga.com, claims that the book is "for anyone who is searching for a way to understand biblical applications outside of the four walls of a church."

"This isn’t my idea. It’s what Christ commands us to do," says the author Eric J. Dolce. "I think that one of the main problems Christians have had is that we have viewed many of the popular stars in film, music, tv, etc. as the enemy," he adds.

Cool. Go Hova.

Well naturally I fine tuned my search terms for Jesus and JayZ, Hova, etc. and I was surprised as to what I found. Rolling Stone Magazine had an online link from 2006 about a preacher accusing JayZ of Devil worship. The YouTube video embedded on that page no longer works, however I found a working video below....



Naturally I was a little skeptical that such a chiseled entrepreneur such as JayZ would put so much on the line by saying murder murder jeeesus in one of his songs. Apparently I wasn't the only one to not believe the preacher man. Some message board lurking yielded the information that the song was Lucifer off the Grey Album.

BOOM. The preacher man may be right that it is Hova's voice, but the Grey album was a DJ Danger Mouse remix. Or DJ sampled Hova saying the words six, six, six, murder, murder, and Jesus. He then made an interlude track and played the vocal sample back words.

Upon further research in the .nfo file that came with the Grey album it states for track 11....

11. "Lucifer 9 (Interlude)" � 2:01 (Reveals a satanic message if played backwards.)
* Samples "Revolution 9" and "I'm So Tired"; Also, "Ave, Lucifer" by Os Mutantes

The Satanic Message is the one in the Youtube video and if you are like me, and still skeptical, here is the section of the song that contains the message that I personally reversed.



If the above embed is not working you can download the .mp3 I made.

I think that any bad wrap that Hova has taken because of this is unjust, if anyone, it is DJ Danger Mouse that should take the heat on this one. Signed!


Next time:
JC and ME photo shoot #3

No comments: