Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Mission Statement

JC and ME was an idea born during a photo shoot in downtown Columbus, Ohio with my friend and associate Rick Merrick. Photo documentation of the city was the assignment that Rick was doing for class. I was accompanying him since it was night, in the city, and well I'm always looking for trouble. (Figuratively of course) Anyway after some shots by the waterfront Rick suggested we go take a few pictures of "Freaky Jesus." The aforementioned freakiness is due to the fact this representation of Jesus is a large shadow projected from ground level to the top of the building.

Often people mention that ah-ha! moment and this was no exception. I had, by accident, stumbled upon my artistic flare that would make this blog more than just a blahg. I situated myself next to Jesus all sassy-like and Rick snapped the photo. JC and ME had suddenly become more than just an idea, it was now a reality.

This blog is not an attempt to make fun of, or belittle Christianity, those just happen to be pleasant side effects. I am taking a secular approach to this project and trying to distance myself from the idea that I may go to Hell for making fun of Jesus. Another side effect is becoming aware. Jesus is in all facets of life, in places you'd least expect. Look around, be aware, Jesus knows if you've been bad or good. Wait, that's Santa Clause, a totally different fictional character.

Ultimately I hope to have some fun, provoke some hate from bible bangers, and get others to participate in the JC and ME phenomenon.

Next time:
Female Jesus

No comments: